All 5 course components will use the Leaving Certificate past papers as a basis to ensure that they are totally exam focused.
1) Journalistic Text (50 marks) – this will focus on Section A, question 1. b), specifically focusing on synonyms.
2) Opinion piece (50 marks) – this will incorporate several of the following topics:
Los problemas sociales de la sociedad contemporánea
La discriminación, la inmigración/la emigración y la pobreza
El acoso escolar
El trabajo/el ocio
El medio ambiente
La crisis económica
3) Dialogue Construction/Formal Letter (30 marks) – this will be used to highlight more complex grammatical structures such as the present and imperfect subjunctive. It will also touch on letter layout.
4) Diary Entry/Note (20 marks) – layout and sentence construction will be highlighted.
5) Aural (80 marks) – this will include practise of the listening component and an in depth revision of weather vocabulary.